PKO Bank Polski has done a large commercial launch and rollout of a mobile payment service that covers all payment situations. The mobile payment service named IKO covers from start:
- Point of Sale (POS) – pay in store, at restaurants, etc. (including future support for NFC)
- Online – pay at online stores
- P2P – real-time money transfer person-to-person
- Cardless cash withdrawal from ATM’s
- Money vouchers – offline timed vouchers for ATM cash withdrawals
- Account balance, transaction history and settings (example change PIN)
I’ve been following mobile payment for quite some year’s now and this is one of largest and most professional launches in the world so far.