The launch of the Google Wallet in USA has gained massive press. Here is two to balance the hype.
First is from Waspit, a blog discussing the future of mobile payments, and “Google wallet – the facts you can’t Google”. Read it here.
Second is from eWeek and “Google Wallet won’t dominate mobile payment space – 10 reasons why. Read it here.
The 10 reasons as of eWeek article:
- Consumers lack knowledge, experience
- Limited phone availability
- All wireless carriers aren’t onboard
- Apple might jump into the space
- There will be multiple competing services
- There are too many moving parts
- It’s MasterCard, for now
- Fear over security
- Generally poor marketing
- It’s still in its infancy